foodbuzz ad

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Contents Of My Cookie Jar

Like most of us , I m still getting back into the swing of things post holidays. While I'm getting organized ( and yes I am applying to jobs !! ) here's another recipe.

After careful consideration and hemming and hawing , when my MIL asked me what I would like for Christmas, I decided.

A cookie jar.

My glass covered cake stand I received from her for my birthday is wonderful and I love it but I wanted something specifically for cookies. And my MIL delivered . An awesome , cookie jar that seals.

Of course an empty cookie jar is just a sad thing. Almost as sad as an empty wine rack , so I made cookies and of course I went to my current favorite source for classic recipes , Martha.

Martha Stewart's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies - My Way ( altered)

2 cups white organic flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat organic flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

1 1/4 cup becel light
1/2 cup white organic sugar
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 large organic eggs
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

For the original unaltered recipe that involves a lot more sugar ( yes it's possible), real butter and all white flour , click here.

Martha also advises you use a hand mixer to incorporate but I would rather use power of the arm.

Cream together becel , sugars and maple syrup. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.

Mix together dry ingredients and slowly incorporate into sugar mixture. Combine well and fold in chocolate chips. Use a large ice cream scoop or tbsp and drop by spoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 12- 16 minutes.

NOTE: These cookies take much longer than other cookie recipes I have used but the product is a beautiful cookie that reminds me of a homemade yet healthier Chips Ahoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tip Your Waiter