foodbuzz ad

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sad Smoothie


This face is the reason I just got back from a 3 mile dash of a walk on the creek path .

So pitiful Lily .

Rather than fix myself up at my vanity when I came back , I threw some laundry in, threw some consumables together and am now throwing this blog together :)


Yesterday there were veggies.
Wait.
When are there not veggies?

On my CSN bamboo cutting board, leftover chopped onions from Taco night , broccoli, carrot and some dirty mushrooms.


.

Choppe and cleaned and slightly softened them in a skillet with some sunflower oil . I added a bit of chicken broth , fat free cream cheese and some pre cooked bow tie pasta.


Yum.
I love dishes that are filling and delicious but don't leave me feeling bloated and heavy . Especially in this heat.



After the dash, I thought a smoothie was in order. Thought being the key word here people.
Whole Food Vega Smoothie Mix ( I used probably 1 tbsp of the package)
Maranatha's Organic Smooth Peanut Butter ( 1 tbsp) YEY for my fav peanut butter being back in stock .
1/4 cup of 2 % Milk
1 frozen and unpictured banana
1/4 cup of chopped strawberries also unpictured
couple handfuls of baby spinach





I was surprised that what appeared to be about 1/4 of a blender full , filled up my sbux cup and a club glass.
I was also surprised that while this mix tasted amazing it made me feel very phelm-y . Perhaps it was the milk or combo of milk AND banana . I couldn't drink more than the club glass .



Ready to gnaw off my hand at this point, I grabbed the quickest thing . A cheddar and herb bagel from Superstore's bakery section, and smeared half of it with herb and garlic cream cheese.


I paired it with a homemade iced coffee in yet another starbucks cup ( I have all the cute ones ) because I need fuel and it's too hot for, hot coffee.
What's your favorite smoothie mix ?
What items do you hate in your smoothie ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tip Your Waiter