foodbuzz ad

Monday, July 12, 2010

Dog Cookie Recipe AKA Love My Dog Too Much

As any reader of my blog knows, I love my dog.

Perhaps too much . I don't have any kids , although most of my friends do , so she is like my child at this point.

My bf makes fun of me but I am very concerned about what she eats .
I won't deprive her cookies but I always read the ingredients and have no problem paying 10-20 dollars for a small bag of cookies or treats for her if they are made of whole ingredients.


That can get pricey when your dog is being rewarded for training milestones so I went in search of a recipe.

Peanut Butter Lover Dog Cookies

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1/2 plain oats ( I used bob's organic )

1/2 cup oil ( I used mostly flax and a dash of sunflower)

2 eggs ( I used PC's Omega )

3-4 tbsp of peanut butter ( I used maranathas natural unsalted. Ingredients read : Peanuts )

1/2 cup of water

Mix wet ingredients. Sift dry ingredients together and form a large dough ball.

Roll out onto lightly floured surface . Cut into shapes.

Cook at 400 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cover tray with a kitchen tool until cooled.

This hardens them

Upon removal from oven and while baking , they look greasy as hell. Bubbling! But after setting they are not greasy at all and harden like regular dog biscuits.

But does the dog like them?


I think so .


4 comments:

  1. how fun! I've never tried making my own dog treats, but it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making doggie treats! And look at that sweet face and wiggle butt eating up her yummy snacks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll absoLutely have to try these...or should I say, my Dogs will try them;-) Here's one for you ~ believe me, it is SO good, my dogs who deTest baths will climb into the tub for a tiny piece of this. I call it doggy crack:

    1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
    2 eggs
    1.25 lb fresh chicken livers (drained)
    1/4 cup instant oats (or old fashioned)
    1/4 cup shredded cheese

    add all ingredients into a blender and blend well. It will be like pancake batter. Pour onto a greased jelly roll pan (to me it's a cookie sheet with edges) and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes till firm. Let cool, then cut into pieces. Store in baggies in fridge and freeze what you won't be using in the next couple days. You will be loved. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl - just found your blog on Skinny Runner - what a cool concept!

    Stop by One Fine Wire if you get a chance, I'd love to see you there!
    www.finewire.blogspot.com

    So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Tip Your Waiter