foodbuzz ad

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Kissed French Onion Soup

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

Today's been a pretty low key day. I slept in and had an A-MAZING breakfast of berry pancakes and bacon, gave the bf a haircut , did a tonne of laundry and went grocery shopping.

I also made these guys.

3/4 cup PC Organic Unbleached White Flour

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup maple syrup ( Kauline , I got this from Erma ;) )

1/2 cup natural organic peanut butter

1 organic brown extra large egg

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp baking soda

pinch of salt

hersheys Kisses ( Sidenote : but has anyone else noticed or tried the "new" hershey kisses? They are supposedly smoother and creamier and while they're fine and such I prefer the old ones that were rough and matte and just smelled awesome)

Combine sugar, maple syrup and peanut butter. Add egg and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients. Roll into balls and flatten with fork . Cook at 350 for 8 minutes. Remove from cookie tray immediatly and press an unwrapped hershey kiss into each cookie.


Hmm. What can I make with these ingredients?

FRENCH ONION SOUP!

I am not a fan personally. BUt I love making it. It's actually one of the first things I learned how to cook. Well, aside from crumpets or noodles.
In my grade ten food class, this was our groups project . My bf loves it so I make it often.


Since you've got your bread already,your cheese already shredded and your broth going . Slice some onions. I like to just chop off a hunk of an onion and then slice them in the longest thinnest way possible for that chunk.



Then with a hot pan with melted butter product of some sort, throw your onions in . Spice as you like.

In your cute but far too small onion soup bowl, put some cheese in the bottom , then bread, then distribute the onions.


Then take your broth that is simmering away and pour it over top. Don't fill to the top because it will bubble over like crazy.
Put in a 400 oven for 12 minutes. Serve with some crusty bread. Beware this is very very hot when it comes out and shouldn't be eaten for at least 20 minutes. You should also be sure to put this on a plate because you ll burn the hell out of your table if you don't :)

Hope your remaining weekend is awesome :)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tip Your Waiter