foodbuzz ad

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bimbos , Vegans and Snow

Hey :)

This week felt like it went by too fast and dragged on all at the same time. The school work load was crazy this week and there were too many late nights studying and not enough food photo taking .

I did take a picture of this yummy and filling wrap I had on a snowy day .




Pre walk to meet a friend I made this lunch and even though I was full , I so wanted another one . It was that good.

Ginormous soft flour tortilla, reduced fat Hellmann's , baby spinach, thinly sliced honey ham and swiss cheese. Bliss.

I took a couple of photos of what mother nature has done to the neighborhood on my way to meet my friend.

I love how the snow hides in the corners and crevices of things like tree branches.

On an unrelated note , Mama and her girl are still rocking the Vegan For Lent challenge. Here are some peeks at her eats from the past days.



Dorset berries and cherries ceral is a new find of hers.

Dorset describes it as

a tangy mix of berries including raspberrys, blackcurrants, cranberries ,
blueberries and cherries with chilean flame raisins, sultanas and cereals
.

It's suitable for vegans AND vegetarians!

What did Mama think of her new breakfast find ?

Good but pricey at 7 bucks a pop and that is no Costco sized twin pack box either!
She did say though, that she could see herself pairing this with yogurt when "this is all over."


On the dinner side of things, is this meal of brown rice topped with onions sauteed in olive oil , sea salt , Nature's Seasoning and a bit of cilantro.

Mama's Verdict : Very good and VERY filling!

Mama has dubbed this "what feels like a normal meal ".

What a normal meal consists of :

A Morningstar Veggie Chicken Patty ,Moore's Buffalo Wing Sauce that apparently can be bought the gallon!, Galaxy International Foods' Vegan Cheese and mustard on a Oroweat Multigrain Sandwich Thin.

When finding the link for the sandwich thins, I found out the bakery company that makes them is called Bimbo Bakeries.

Yup that made me laugh :)

Making chicken parmesan for me and the bf tonight so perhaps I 'll be a good girl and snap some photos.

Question :

Are you a cereal person ? What's your fav?

What do you think of meat replacement foods like Morningstar?

-A

1 comment:

  1. I love Morningstar stuff but I'm trying to cut it out! We have a small stash of that and Amy's products and once they are gone I'm not buying anymore. My thinking is that they are processed foods and I would like to cut that out of our diets as much as possible. I do get some vegan nuggets from whole foods that I just love, I'm not sure I can give those up!

    ReplyDelete

Tip Your Waiter