foodbuzz ad

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Artichoke & Asiago Cheese Dip

In the quest for finding an Artichoke and Asiago dip similar to the one I am putting the store out of stock of , I found a tonne of recipes. Most of them were for hot dips. I wanted a cold one . So in the end I ended up meshing together and Artichoke dip and one that involved feta. I exchanged the feta for Asiago , obviously


Artichoke and Asiago Cheese Dip






3/4 of a jar ( the jars are teensy) marinated Artichoke hearts
1 cup grated Asiago
pinch of salt and pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder ( I ended up mincing a garlic clove , sauteeing it and then letting it cool and using a bit of that )
1 cup mayo or veganaise * again miracle whip people. no good *
1 1/2 cups non fat sour cream ( you could use yogurt )



Drain the artichoke hearts and rinse. Pat dry with paper towel.
Roughly chop them up . They pretty much fall apart.
Place in bowl . Add salt , pepper and garlic.
In a seperate bowl mix together , cheese, mayo and sour cream .
Pour artichoke hearts into bowl of mixture and combine.
Cover and let sit in fridge for 4 hours before devouring.
Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, crackers, breadcubes or my fav, baked lays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tip Your Waiter