foodbuzz ad

Friday, November 6, 2009

A Chewy Review



Annnnd she's back. That first entry is always just a requisite. Not a real entry but has to happen none the less :)

So on to the good stuff. The food.

Yesterday after seeing nearly a sea of oatmeal bowls with crumbled Clif Bars and being probably, ohhhh the last person on this earth that has yet to succumb to any ( yes I know I'm very behind the times apparently I can however assure you that there are few chocolate bars I haven't tasted. But shh. Don't tell anyone ) of the many delicious and surprisingly helpful products, I took the jump.
I picked up this appearing little guy at the store yesterday.

I've never really been much of a bar person. In the past I've been of the calorie watching mindset and I guess I just felt like well I could have this little bar , or I could have this , this and this.My mindset has changed a lot and I am working on viewing what I eat more as fuel than focusing a lot on the eating in volume.

The bigger reason I've turned to bars is simpler though. TIME! I don't have time to go and sit down and eat something while I'm at school and we're really not supposed to eat in class. I can get away with taking random bites of something like this though , so I figured I'd give it a try.
Now I know every blog has a Clif Bar review or twelve so forgive me.

My first impression of this bar packaged was that it wasn't very big and if it wasn't small then it must be oddly shaped.I was half right.

Aside from the size the calories and protein stood out to me. I was almost alarmed that what appeared to be a granola bar ( I know. I told you I was new to "bars" ) had 250 calories. Again there's the mindset about the calories. I mean , in a calorie counting mindset I thought, that's almost a cheeseburger at Mcdonalds :O Not that I eat any of those . The protein however was impressive.

Unwrapped, I thought the bar looked a lot like formed raw oatmeal peanut butter cookie dough. I was surprised because I thought it would be more crispy , or crunchy, judging on the name. A couple bites in , I wrapped this one up and took it home for the bf.

I was really hoping to like it but it was just too chewy for me , texture wise. Taste wise it was delicious. My bf said it was " alright" and that he wished , his words not mine " that they would have used honey to make it chewy instead of whatever they used ."

Oh well. I've not completely given up on bars or even Clif Bars though. I bought the chocolate chip one today and the chocolate almond fudge one.
Align Center
In other news , I'm off to see if the sweet potato I thought I spied in the fridge earlier , really does exist and read some blogs .

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tip Your Waiter