foodbuzz ad

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years 2011

I'm predictable .

Well , in certain aspects of my life I am at least.
Come New Years you can bet , that I will be conjuring up goals and resolutions, lists in my head .

So even though I've been neglecting this little blog here , in favour of other life pursuits . Er, job hunting , working and dealing with an ever growing young dog , when thinking of executing these goals and resolutions, I found myself back here.

I don't think my goals were lofty enough originally to warrant follow through. They were too easy , not to do . This time around I'm going to be a little more serious and dream bigger ,by making goals that are related to my life . It's a lot more personal than I've been with the blog , but I think that's a good thing.

Grown Up Stuff .

- Find a job or internship in the legal field. Obviously I'd prefer a job but I'm willing to do whatever to get experience so I am able to get a job

-Get serious and actually legitimately look for a house. Not just browse like I am on a guided tour.


Blog Stuff :

- Find a pattern/schedule that works for me and stick to it .

-More Foodbuzz, reviews , giveaways . As well as tracking of my own goals.

-RECIPES.

Mind , Body and Soul .

Yup. Just what it says.

Mind :

-Commit to "quiet time " more often . Get off the laptop. Turn off the blackberry and stop checking Twitter. Especially late at night.

- Make it a priority to have time to read . I can't remember the last time I had so many unfinished books .

-Register and write my ILCO exams.

-Get Organized. Buy a paper shredder and use it . File folders, and file . Do something about all these legal textbooks.

Body:

-Take Lily on the creek paths more often . Dog park , instead of the usual neighbourhood walk.

-Try Hot Yoga.

-Make use of my Pilates and yoga stuff or ditch it for something I will make use of .

Soul :

-Find a work / "play" balance that works for me ( makes me happy and not soul suckingly miserable )

-Relating to a " mind " goal , but I think it's important for the soul also , find /make quiet time. When I can just be calm with nothing electronic going on in the background.

-Learn how to say no . I guess this also relates to the "quiet time " goal because if I was able to say no , I wouldn't be so constantly busy that I didn't have the time to have "quiet time".

And now that I've written for the first time in forever and came up with half an essay , the food.

if you're still here , that is .

Like most people I thought I'd ring in the New Year but cooking and baking an abundance.
Honestly I'm just so happy to be home , finally and not have to be rushing all over the place. I love to cook as long as its in my own kitchen .So after preparing a platter with a vegetable cheese ball, various crackers and pastry hors doveres ( frozen ) , I decided to make cookies.

Dog cookies for Lily.

I've made the recipe so many times now that I have altered it , unrecognizable from the original . So here's my Lily's new favourite cookie .

Organic Peanut Butter Carrot Flax Cookies

4 tbsp. organic natural peanut butter

1/2 cup cold pressed organic flax oil

2 large brown eggs


2 cups organic whole wheat flour

1 cup organic old fashioned oats

1 cup shredded carrot

1/2 cup water

Mix together the wet ingredients. Add the flour , oats , shredded carrot . Add more water or flour if need be.

Mix into large bowl

Roll out onto floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters.


Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Until edges are brown .

Store in airtight container or freeze in zip lock bags. Can also keep in between paper towels in zip lock bag in fridge to put off spoiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tip Your Waiter