foodbuzz ad

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Cool Sleep In

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning .

It was another scorcher yesterday ( and today again ) and even though we finally installed the air conditioner , it didn't actually get cool in here until this morning.

I tossed and turned all night and felt like I woke up every ten minutes. Of course this caused me to sleep in and by the time I woke up I could have made it to class but chose the newly cooled apartment instead.


I wasn't in the mood for hot coffee but was a bit leery of making iced coffee , even though I've seen it all over the blogosphere. Mine never tasted right. It either tasted old or weak or just too sweet.

I know . I know. Who am I ? Goldilocks?

I followed Tina's directions and took a mug of brewed Tim Hortons and put it in the freezer while I took Lily for a walk. Came back and added a couple ice cubes, sugar free Hazelnut creamer and some sweetener.

DELICIOUS!

So wished I would have put more coffee in the fridge .

I didn't have breakfast so I was hungry for lunch early.

I made a can of tuna with light mayo and chopped dill pickles and spread some on whole wheat bread.

Not the prettiest picture but it was tasty.

And of course 'tis the season.

Strawberries with a hidden glob of peanut butter. I'm obsessed.

Do you like iced coffee? How do you make your iced drinks?

-A


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tip Your Waiter