foodbuzz ad

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Bread and PB Love

Hola : )
I am happy to say I have finished everything I need to get done for the week ahead ! Well I am still doing laundry but aren't I always.
Last night I got snack -y and dinner wasn't for a couple hours . So I decided to be silly.

Organic PB with 2 Cream Crackers.

I love these crackers. Of course they are made by PC but they are almost identical to ones I get from the British Import Shop. Cheaper too!

I didn't think too poorly of the peanut butter either. I caressed it with my cheek .

Please to be ignoring my lazy mode look.

This morning I had planned on brunch or lunch with bf but he had to go out for a bit , so I made something to tide me over .

A gigantic soft tortilla. Folded in half with some swiss slices inside. Popped into the toaster oven until it gets spots!

Looooove Swiss Cheese and so happen I have found blocks of it now for a reasonable price. I was buying 6-7 thin slices for around 6 bucks before. The brick is 4 dollars and a much better deal!

To celebrate being done with school obligations at a reasonable time for once, I baked!

I took my apple cinnamon muffin recipe , tweaked it a bit ( of course ) and turned it into a loaf. I've done this before ( untweaked recipe though ) and it turned out awesome.

I loved it with almond butter the last time I made it.

Heres the recipe :

Apple Cinnamon Bread or Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour ( I used the PC Organic stuff)

3/4 cup white sugar ( I used 1/2 cup of brown )

1 egg

2/3 cup of milk ( I used 2 %)

1/2 cup of butter melted ( I used evo)

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp cinnamon ( i just sprinkle a ton in )

1 cup of chopped apple , peeled ( I used 2 large -ish organic pink lady apples)

Mix together brown sugar, apple, and butter.

Add egg.

Add remaining dry ingredients and stir until moistened.

Spread into a greased or sprayed loaf pan or muffin pan .

Cook at 375 for 20-30 minutes. ( the time varies depending on how much apples you use).

Let cool for 40 minutes. ENJOY!

Well , that's all I've got for now. Hope your weekend was awesome :)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tip Your Waiter