foodbuzz ad

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Scorcher and Killing Birds

Today was another scorcher and I immediatly grabbed an Iced Coffee when I got home from class. I didn't have much of the crack that is hazelnut coffeemate liquid,so I used milk instead and a drizzle of President's Choice Dulce De Leche .

Bliss.

I am in love with the re-usable plastic Sbux cups. It took me forever to find them as I thought the baskets full of them at my local Sbux were just decorative disposable ones ! Definately worth the 14 bucks :)

Apologies for the dark pictures but the weather was all kinds of wacky today. Sun one minute, then dark and cloudy , then earthquake!

Really!

In an attempt to prove a friend that pillowy , lush mashed potatoes could be had without all the fat, I made these.

At the time I thought I also killed two birds with one stone so to speak . Thinking it could be a Fat Swap , but alas, they want you to use fruit puree and such or one of their sample recipes ( at least to my knowledge ) so I will try again.

At least I showed my friend AND got mashed potatoes which are a big favorite of mine.


I used 4 large Smart Spud potatoes

They apparently have fewer carbs than other potatoes but I buy them mostly because they come in a mesh bag rather than a paper one.

2 1/2 tbsp of Becel Light
1 1/2 tbsp of Fat Free Sour Cream
2 tbsp of Fat Free Philadelphia Cream cheese

Add ,mash . Add salt and pepper and voila . Yummy, creamy , full of flavor but doesn't have half and half or butter.

What do you do to make old favorites a bit healthier?

Your favorite way to have potatoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tip Your Waiter